Yesterday morning everyone was really excited, up early and ready to go! We were picked up at our hotels and brought to a VERY nice hotel down the street. We were met by our host families and sat together talking until the ceremony began. First we were called up, volunteer and host mom (typically) and we presented them with a certificate to thank them. I laughed because my host mom probably has over 20 since they have hosted many volunteers. After that we were given some snacks and time to mingle and talk to other volunteers and their families as this is our last time together :( Then we returned for the actual ceremony. All the volunteers sat together in sectors and alphabetically. We received some words from our training director, the country director, the director of MINSA, Mr. Ambassador himself and then we had volunteers who gave speeches as well. After all these we sang the Nicaraguan anthem and then our national anthem, received some quick words, raised our right hands and swore in as Peace Corps Volunteers! It was a good feeling to finally be here after a looooong journey through the application process and everything else that followed. Training, although i had some rough moments was great. I was lucky to have a wonderful family to help me through it and the support of my family and boyfriend back home. Although at times training seemed like it was going forever, in the end time FLEW by! I am excited i am here but super nervous to start my service. I will be leaving for my site nice and early tomorrow morning! Looking forward to getting settled and having an idea of what I am doing here! Its an over whelming feeling of not knowing where to start! I will try to keep everyone posted and much as possible. I love you all! Feel free to call or text me :)
Mr. Ambassador
NICA - 55 Healthy Lifestyles
NICA 55 - Maternal and Child Health
Yay, you did it! We knew you would do great and that the time would fly by. I know it doesn't feel it but the next 2 years will fly by too. I know, because I feel like Logan was just born. haha. Can't wait to see photos of your next site! Love you Kimmy! xoxo
ReplyDeletegreat job Kim!!! thinking of you and knowing that you are truly an amazing woman..so proud to be your aunty! post when you can! XOXOX
ReplyDeleteBagels huh? hehe. I love you fatass. People here wont know why I call you that but we know it's a bunch of different reasons. lol. I'm glad you did it hun I knew you would. Even though I wanted you to come home. I tried calling you but you took forever. Well I will try to get another calling card to call you until I get my magicjack. There is nothing to be nervous about Kimberly you will do great and you will help lots of people. You are going to feel better about it in two years from now. Plus I want to be here for when you come back so you better be happy. lol.
ReplyDeleteTe amo mi vida. Espero que cuando llegues me des un beso bien grande como yo te voy a dar a ti.