Sorry I have slightly neglected my blog this past week. Not too much has changed here... I have had meetings every day and spanish classes to get ready for my language exam. We had our test last Thursday afternoon. One of the language facilitators came to my house to test my group and myself. I was the last to go since the meetings were in my house which gave me ample time to worry! lol. I went in there fairly confident and talked away for about 20 minutes. In the end I knew I made some really small mistakes as I tend to talk fast. The woman said I didnt make too many and that I spoke very well and confident. We were told that we were going to get the results the next day at our meeting but of course we didnt. If you do not make Intermediate mid you have to stay behind in training for an extra week and then when you get to your site you have to live with your host family (or another family) for 5 months instead of 2. I hoped this wouldnt happen to me considering i already know where i will be living for the next two years and to ask the woman to hold the house for 5 months is basically out of the question.
This weekend my host mom wanted to take me out for a despedida! (going away party or event). My mom, my cousin, her mother and I went to Granada (where I am convinced my family needs to stay when they come visit me, you will love it). We went to a hipica which is a horse show. People ride their horses in the streets and after there is a big party. We decided after to walk around Granada and went down the main street where all the restaurants and bars are. There were people selling jewelery and other crafts on the street so of course i had to buy some bracelets. After we stopped for a drink sitting outside at the tables in the street to people watch. We had a great time and great conversation... made me realize again how much i am going to miss being here with them! I am sad i have to wait 3 months to visit.
Monday we had a meeting where we FINALLY received our language results! Wahooooo i made it to intermediate mid! I am able to swear in on Friday and will be leaving to my site this weekend. I only have to stay with my host family for 2 months! I am excited and looking forward to getting to site and speaking nothing but spanish and becoming more fluent! We have a language session for a week in July back in our training towns so i am excited for that! I am hoping by the time i come home for my sisters wedding in November to be pretty well on my way to fluency. Most volunteers say that after 3 months in site they feel more comfortable with their spanish and speaking to people and have a better understanding of others. By 6 months they understand great and are able to speak more in groups and are much more fluent in speaking. When i come home in Nov. it will be 8 months so i am hoping to be pretty fluent.
That is pretty much all i have for now. I will post again Friday night or Saturday with pictures or a blog about swearing in friday morning. As for now i miss everyone and i love you guys! Thanks again for all the support and encouragement here and on facebook!
Two sun-showers were delivered here...so I guess I'll have to wait for a new address to ship them to you. I got you two of them because I thought that the two and a half gallon bags would be easier for you to carry than the 5 gallon bags. With two you can fill them and always have a warm one waiting.
ReplyDeleteI hope they work out well for you.
Love you my girl
ooooh. a nana special! a bag shower. when you get a chance google biffybag.com. I guarantee you will laugh, but then seriously think about getting some.
ReplyDeleteohh yes a bag shower! got to love those!:) love jane
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you Kim. Big changes again for you but it's all good, you are becoming a pro at this now!
ReplyDeleteI have already being eyeing Granada..looks beatiful!!!
Love you Kimmy!!!!!! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete