Anywhoooo... There hasn't been too much new here on my end. Still going with the flow of my ridiculously busy schedule.
Mondays: Spanish class from 8-3
Tuesdays: Spanish class from 8-3 Youth Group after class
Wednesdays: (depends) Class from 8-12 (usually) and meeting from 12-5ish (or all day)
Thursdays: Class from 8-3 Youth group after class
Fridays: Meeting all day
Saturdays: Meeting from 8-12 or on occasion all day
Sundays: Youth group at 2:30-?
I know it doesn't seem like much more than an average work week, but lemme tell you... thinking in another language all day is exhausting! Plus after class we have homework, journal entries, integration activities, reading ((lots)), plus planning youth group meetings, plus planning charlas for the health center and planning charlas for the youth group. I love sundays but nowww i have youth group then too. Its not a bad thing, the kids are fun, but it was my one day to sleep and relax and/or do something fun with my family. It wasnt too fun today when my entire family packed up and left to go out for the day and i was stuck at the house waiting for youth group to commence. However it turned out okay. Here is a picture of some of the girls i have in my youth group. The boys are not fans of photos but i will try.
The little girl on the right LOOOOVES me! She came to my house early today just to get me in time for youth group. She is always attached to me. Its cute. She loves to hug me but i constantly have to tell her to slow down when she talks because i DO NOT understand. i feel really bad! I can't wait to get to a point where i know what the heck people are saying to me. In time i am sure. It is getting better slowly but surely and i know it has only been 3-4 weeks.
So i met my host father for the first time last night! He is really cool. We talked about Florida, which he seems to know well. He knows clearwater and tampa. We talked about family and yoise and the fact that logan is already married off. haha. He talks a bit slower for me which is nice and speaks some spanglish which is cool too! I took this picture from my host sisters facebook (hopefully she wont mind) so you could see the family.

Believe me...I completely understand not keeping up with blogging!! haha.
ReplyDeleteYour youth group looks great. They're so pretty!
At least your schedule keeps you busy. It doesn't look like you have time to sit around and be homesick!
Love you lots xoxo
Nice looking family that you're with. Question for ya... when you eventually leave your host family, will you be the only one at the new location doing the youth group? Will there be others from the Peace Corps there for you? love-u
ReplyDeleteKatie: Yea I am pretty busy.. i am doing good on the homesick front. I am really comfortable with my family here. But i also know i am leaving them at the end of March. :( I know homesickness will set in then without my new family here, without anyone that speaks english etc.
ReplyDeleteFaith: It depends. Its is possible that there will be a volunteer in my site from the pervious group, someone that will be going home in the next 6 months or so. It is also possible that there could be other volunteers from other sectors such as small business, environmental, agriculture etc. It is also possible that someone from my group could be there since there are 2 sections to our group (maternal and child health and reproductive health HIV/AIDS) So there could be one from each section there (in some sites) but it is entirely possible that i could be the only one in my site. I will be expected to do charlas (mini speeches/talks) in the schools, as well as the health centers and start a youth group or participate in multiple.
Glad to see that your family loves you and that you all get along well. I know that is going to be hard being away and making all these changes but things will get better not worst. You seem to be pretty busy but in the end is all going to pay off. You're new little daughter is cute. I know that later on in life you're also going to be a terrific mother and you'll be able to tell your kids stories of your adventures in Nicaragua I'm sure they'll love it and I'm sure they'll love you.
ReplyDeleteAlsa la cabesa y sigue para adelante. todo en la vida tiene su precio Y las cosas pasan porque asi es. Te amo Kim. Te amare para siempre. Un beso.