Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a self-proclaimed “fat kid.” I could eat at any given moment, I can eat a lot at times, and I love snacks! J I am finding myself currently dreaming of subway, McDonalds French fries, Moe’s southwest grill, applebees (margaritas), doritos and everything else I have left behind me in the states haha. I always ate a lot of rice and beans in the states because I truly do love it. I always joked that I could eat rice and beans every day and luckily for me… I am! K Be careful what you wish for! My typical breakfast is usually rice, beans and something else usually eggs or avocado. Lunch varies daily could be some kind of soup (which I have yet to figure out why someone would want soup at noon when its 500 degrees.. I told them I don’t want it anymore because I think I might die.. as I sit eating soup, sweating with a runny nose hahaha), usually it is rice, chicken or some meat with plantains or some variation of a few other things. Dinner is typically very similar to breakfast with rice, beans and avocado or eggs or salad (which is different here). It is also very common to eat pasta with rice as well. I have had pasta, rice, plantains and bread all in one meal… can you say CARBS and STARCH! I am now going to begin a workout routine because I am becoming gordita!
Foods I love:
Rice, beans and avocado (together.. its my favorite
Arroz de la valenciana (it is rice with pulled chicken and veggies almost like a pork fried rice)
Mamones (cool little fruit here)
Ranchitas (closest thing to doritos)
Thing I have tried in Nicaragua that I now like:
Beer! (haha my first PC accomplishment I know you are all proud)
More veggies (I used to not like most veggies raw but they are growing on me.)
Fish! I only eat it certain ways and it’s not really fishy tasting here. I told the woman I eat with I just refuse to eat it if it still has its head. They tend to fry whole fish so there is a legit whole fish on their plate… that I will not do!
More fruits and veggies that don’t exist in the states.
Fish heads with eyes bother me, too.
ReplyDeleteFunny story...In Honduras, they eat fish head soup on the coast and islands all the time. It is a prized food. ICK! My roommate Deniz was Turkish and LOVED this. She would fight over who got to slurp up the eyeballs. It was the most disgusting thing ever!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing at your description of eating soup at lunch!! hahaha. I'll be sure to put a bag of Doritos in my car for you in November. Any other requests?